Saturday, May 24, 2008

for the past few days, I:

  1. finished Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations (Which means I finally finished the whole series! :D)
  2. watched (but haven't finished) "Hello! Miss", a Korean drama starring Lee Da Hae (from "My Girl") and Lee Ji Hoon (from "Wonderful Life")
  3. managed my (virtual) kopitiam (as you saw in my last post. Btw, you can visit that link everyday, I think. :D And I'd be happy if you do so!)
  4. played a lot of useless but time-consuming virtual browser games
  5. downloaded a whole bunch of videos of KAT-TUN that clogged up my sister's hard disk (about 7 GB max XD), so I
  6. burned a few DVDs so I can delete the junk on my sister's computer
And that's how I wasted my life for the past few days.

I've got only about 2 1/2 weeks left till school starts (because school starts on June 10). Why are there classes on June 12??? (you don't have to answer that. we all know why.)

hmm... is there any interesting stuff I can share with you?

Japanese Lesson No. 1! (since I'll be taking (hopefully) Japanese for my Foreign Language class. if for some reason *coughsuckyrandomnumbercough* I fail to get it though, I'll get Basic Chinese so that I'll have at least one easy subject)

DISCLAIMER: I actually do now know Japanese at all other than what I pick up when I watch anime and Jdoramas so well, you can say that I'm making these up. :P

Ohayo Gozaimasu - Good morning
Konnichiwa - Good day (usually Good afternoon, I think, but some people use it for other times of the day)
Konbanwa - Good evening
Oyasuminasai - Good night

Arigato gozaimasu - Thank you very much (As you can see, "gozaimasu" was also used in "Good morning" but I have no idea why it's used in "Thank you very much" too. I'll report back when I find out.)
Sankyu - Thank you (a less formal way of saying thanks (because it's just the Japanese way of saying "Thank you") usually used between friends)
Sayonara - Goodbye (more formal; used for long term separations)
Ja ne - Goodbye (less formal; can be translated as "See you later!")

(Now the next two phrases I'm rather unsure about but I'm kind of interpreting to the best of my ability without external help)

Gomenasai - Sorry
Sumimasen - Sorry/Excuse me
(Sumimasen is "I'm sorry" in the sense that "I'm sorry for causing trouble" so it can be said if you're, for example, calling a busy person's attention. So, they don't really mean the same thing.)

AND THAT'S IT for Charmie's Japanese Lesson! YAY! (Please don't take any of these seriously because while they might be helpful when you're stuck in Japan with no inkling of Japanese at all, they are not accurate translations because I'm kind of doing this for my own benefit as well (I'm trying to record how much (or how little) Japanese I know))

(BTW feel free to correct anything up there that might be wrong because I'd really like to know if I'm making a fool of myself here)

Thanks for reading this very useless post!

EDIT: Anabelle helped me a bit with "Sayonara" and "Ja ne"... :D Thank you, Ana!

0 loved back: