Taiwan Chapter Day 1

Friday, May 25, 2007

Okay. I'm sorry. I was back Tuesday night but I took until today to actually blog. I'm lazy that way.

Basically I'll just run through our itinerary. Pics will follow (when I'm less lazy to upload)

Day 1 (May 16, Wednesday)
-woke up early to eat breakfast (Actually I barely remember what I did that morning because I was too sleepy.)
-met up with my aunts and cousin and uncles and grandma and proceeded to the airport
-took the airplane. i was freaked out (despite it not really being my first time on a plane)
-B: had an inflight meal of chicken with scrambled eggs, plus fresh melon pieces (which are VERY good. i absolutely love melon. (forgive the weird un-charmaine wording. i was just on rachael ray's website. now i sound like a cooking show.) also a red ribbon ensaymada and a bread roll. and orange juice. and butter. and jam.
-got off plane and met up with my aunt and uncle who live in taiwan and went to our hotel (our hotel was a dingy place with dirty and old looking wallpaper and carpet. it looked clean, but you never really know. the bed was hard, too. it's not downright terrible, really. at least the bathroom's clean.)
-went to my aunt's place. (it's like this. my mom's older sister (the eldest) lives in taiwan, and his husband is also taiwanese, so basically we went to taiwan to visit her.) met her mother-in-law. she was a nice lady.
-proceeded to go to this mall called "Idee" (English name. I forgot the chinese name) which had this restaurant on its 8th or 9th or something-th floor. their malls are outrageously high! unlike ours which goes as far as about 6th or 7th, theirs go all the way up to 11 and 12.
-L: had a buffet lunch (but it was about 2 pm so it was called "afternoon tea" though we ate too much for it to actually be "tea") it was a good lunch. parang naghotel na rin kami, though it cost only about NT$300+ (that's Taiwan Dollars. NT$1= Php1.50, so it's about Php500) di ba? half the price lang, more selections, and mas masarap din. :D
-went to Holiday KTV. yes, nagkaraoke kami. yes, kumanta ako. yes, Fahrenheit and Hana Kimi songs. pathetic fangirl me. (my mother's family is really music-oriented. all my mom's siblings can sing and even her cousins and aunts and uncles, etc etc. they can even play chinese instruments. too bad i didnt inherit their genes. :P) the fee was per head, i think, but it's inclusive of buffet snack na, so it's really worth the money.
-D: the buffet snack. tutal busog na kami sa lunch. nabusog pa kami lalo.
-went home (or rather, to our "hotel")

(To be continued... dahil tinatamad na ako and also, nakaka-antok. hopefully di ko pa makalimutan by the time i finish this "taiwan trip" chapter of my blog.)

0 loved back: