Because I'm not as shameless as I claimed to be (well at least I hope not)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I deleted the last post. You know why. :D

(I actually hate deleting posts because if I mention them in a later post (like I did here) and then after several years I'll get confused when rereading my blog.)

But really. There are lots of reasons why YOU should study in Ateneo. Like, for example, the highly challenging subjects, the free cuts, the teachers who although cause the subjects to be highly challenging, also cause the free cuts (that's why you can never hate an Ateneo teacher too much). Of course, the teachers in Ateneo (well SOME at least) are also competent and almost overqualified for the subjects they teach. Being a college professor doesn't really pay that well. More than high school or elementary teachers, definitely, but it doesn't make you rich. It is more out of the sheer satisfaction of teaching that pushes these teachers to teach and share their truckloads of knowledge. (SOME at least, have truckloads. The others probably couldn't fill a teaspoon. It all boils down to luck--whether you get the good teachers, or you get the lousy ones.)

This post is supposed to convince you guys (at least those who are in the 4th year and are as of now, still undecided whether they should study at Ateneo or at other schools) to study at Ateneo, but it ended up being me ranting about the teachers in Ateneo. But seriously, it IS all about luck. I happen to be lucky last sem for getting all the great teachers, but this sem, the only great teachers I have would have to be ***, ***, and ***. (What? You think I'll put their names out here for everyone to discover? I don't think so!)

If it's enrollment already, and you guys (at least those who by then have already decided to study in Ateneo) have trouble choosing subjects/teachers/schedules, don't hesitate to ask me! :D I know (at least I think I do) enough about freshman teachers in Ateneo to be able to dish out some useful advice. Actually you can't choose subjects in your first year except NatSci and maybe for some History, or Psychology, but at least I can tell you if you got a terror teacher or and easy A teacher. :D Oh wait, except maybe English or Lit because Ateneo has dozens of English teachers and I know only a handful--most probably not enough to know all of your teachers but you know. We'll see. :D

Gotta run, Math Long Exam#3 tomorrow. :D

0 loved back: