biting off more than i can chew... again

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Remember last year, around this time, I joined this thingy called NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. It takes all November and the goal is to be able to write a novel of 50000 in the span of 30 days.

Well, it's not impossible. But the question is, can I do it? Me, the queen of procrastination?

We'll see about that. :)

I'm kind of more determined this year that I was last year (I think) so I decide to make an outline. Just so the plot doesn't just wither away in my head. They do that, you know. (Plots, I mean.)

I'll be doing a romance-comedy because I think I have the most experience here. I read loads of them and I happen to write (at least, attempt to) them more than any other genre.

For inspiration, I'm going to watch movies of the same genre! In fact, I have a couple of movies in that genre lining up for me to watch:

  1. Made of Honor (I've heard this isn't that good of a movie, but Patrick Dempsey is in it, and judging by Krizia's obsession and his performance in Enchanted (haha nauna pa obsession ni Krizia. Gusto mo pa rin ba cya?), it'll be worth two hours of my life.)
  2. 27 Dresses
  3. The Holiday
  4. What Happens in Vegas
  5. And more...
Recommendations, anyone?

0 loved back: