It's that time during the sem break...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

...when you've already gone out with all your "barkadas" and you have nothing to do but bum around at home. At least, for most of us who aren't rich enough to go on vacation. But really, this is, for me, the ultimate best part of sem break. This is when you feel like time is of no importance, and you can just go and bum around for the rest of your life. This must be what heaven is like.

But, moving on, I've been trying to make good use of my sem break by catching up on my movies (as I mentioned a few posts ago). And, here are the movies I've seen this week and bite-sized reviews to go with them:

  1. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - It's an artsy film. I usually don't like films like these that are really graphic for art's sake, but my dad said this was a really great movie, so I watched it along with my family. It's... okay. The plot is pretty good, but somehow I would enjoy more as a novel than as a movie (because nga, it's not a movie for kids like me). Worth watching if you're not easily disturbed.
  2. Journey to the Center of the Earth - Funny, I guess, but Brendan Fraser's old. Too old for his leading lady (aww.) I haven't read the book, so I can't make comparisons, but I think they did a decent job. :)
  3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith - It's a great movie. And it's cool. Yup, that's always a plus for me. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie do suit each other, but still it's not nice to break up other people's families. Boo. Anyway, the movie IS good, great plot, great directing. :D It's funny too.
  4. Step Up 2: The Streets - It's weird how I watched Step Up 2 before I watched Step Up 1. Si Abi kasi eh. But anyway, it's another cool movie. I loved the dancing and stuff. I especially love the climactic dance sequence. With the rain and everything. COOOL. XD Also, better looking leads than the first one! XD
  5. Step Up - Yeah. Dancing. This is less street dancing than the second one, more on classical, I think. I wouldn't really know. The lead looks like a goon, and the girl isn't very pretty. But it's okay. :D
  6. The Holiday - See? I followed my list! Anyway, comments about the movie. Jude Law is gorgeous, and I love his accent (is he really British?) and it's sad how the only movie I ever saw with him in it (AI) made him look ugly. X( Cameron Diaz is fine, but she doesn't seem to change roles. she's always the ditzy, perky blonde girl. isn't she? Kate Winslet is not very pretty but she's great in the role. She reminds me of Emma Thompson, not the most beautiful woman in the world but she has that aura about her. Jack Black is great, but there's not enough of him in the movie! In fact, there's very little. I especially love the character of Arthur Abbott (the old writer dude) and his relationship with Kate Winslet. It's very sweet. :) (Dustin Hoffman's cameo is funny. He looked like he just happened to be there.)
  7. What Happens in Vegas - So now you understand why I'm kind of sick of Cameron Diaz. But I'm not sick of Ashton Kutcher as I have never seen him in a movie. The movie is okay. It's not a great movie, but it's funny and entertains. That's the point of a movie, isn't it?
And now I shall go watch some more movies! Yay! :D

0 loved back: