Densha Otoko

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Stupid me. I never mentioned my username on NaNoWriMo. It's "kiore". So, buddy me, if ever you plan on joining. um. yeah.

I'm watching a new drama called "Densha Otoko" which basically means "Train Man". Apparently this was really popular in Japan because it's a true story.

Summary: A true love story turned to bestselling novel, created from the Internet BBS, 2channel to blockbuster hit movie. Ito Misaki plays Aoyama Saori, working as an office lady at a MNC, gets into trouble with a drunkard on a train. She's saved by Yamada Tsuyoshi, played by Ito Atsushi. As a form of appreciation, she sends him Hermes teacups. Having no experience with the opposite sex, Tsuyoshi decides to ask for help on the Aladdin Channel BBS on how to interact with Saori. (taken from http://wiki.d-addicts.com)

So anyway, there's also this translation project going on of the original 2ch thread (kind of like forums but faster thus somewhat like chat) which you can find here. it's a fun read, kind of confusing but you can probably understand it. it's nice to see how all the people on the channel are helping out the Train Man in his quest for loooooove. :D oh and it stars oguri shun!

Watch it on crunchyroll. Yay. (Honestly, Japan should pay me for all the plugs I've been putting in my blog. But then again, it's not as if people watch the dramas after reading about them in my blog so maybe i'm hoping too much. ;) )

0 loved back: