Big Mouth and Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates

Saturday, July 28, 2007

This book is amazing. It's so touching, and somehow, it strikes a nerve because we know that it could very well happen. I found the bookwhile searching in the library, and I was really glad that I unearthed this treasure from the bottom shelf.

It's about a guy who is just your everyday friendly, semi-popular, nice jokester guy, but when the joke turns on him, he finds that his friends are all big phonies (like Holden Caulfield!) and he finds a friend in the most unlikely person, Big Ursula, an insecure, unhappy girl who also happens to have "prinsipyo sa buhay".

So, well, they become friends through unlikely circumstances, sticking together through thick and thin, and in the end... well, I'm not going to spoil it for you! :D

If you're an Atenean, find it (well, not now, because, duh, I borrowed it) and read it! It's not even boring or disturbing, just nice. Parang children's book. I love children's books. They're so cute and innocent and makes the world a little brighter.

0 loved back: