vignettes from my atenean life

Thursday, July 19, 2007

(currently employing the style of such bloggers as Mondie, and someone else i can't remember)

I am NOT on drugs.
Next Wednesday is the AMC, that glorious contest in which I have a better chance of winning than say, MTG or MTAP. Don't ask me why. Maybe I'm destined for greatness in Australia... But anyway, you're probably wondering about the subtitle... well, thing is, next Wednesday, at the exact same time as the AMC, I have Physics lab. And also, next Wednesday, I have no other classes other than Physics lab (free cuts). So, I mean, isn't it perfectly good logic to request a free cut? So that people (not just me) in my class can get a day off without having to come to school early in the morning for 2 hours and just go back home? And besides, according to someone i can't remember (another someone this time) (I think it's Mr Maquiling, our brillant physics lecture teacher whose house was ransacked when he was away on vacation in Tanzania, and when Section K (my section in physics lecture) was suffering under the hand of the female sub we had (by the way, sabi ni mr physics lab teacher, "sexy" daw si evil female sub. see how un-teacher and role model-like he is?) it's perfectly reasonable for a free cut in lab, because there are too many sessions anyway... so at first I asked the brilliant physics lab teacher if we get a zero in the lab activity if we cut (he said yes... sob...) then later on, after a while, dahil di na ako mapakali, i asked for a free cut. do you know what he said in return???? "are you on drugs?"

Ok, first of all, even if i have outrageously large eyebags (which is most probably the reason i'm called a panda) i do not, i repeat, DO NOT take drugs. i mean, hello? where will i get them? (i dont think this is helping) ANYWAY the point is, teachers don't ask their students if they do drugs, i mean come on. i dont even know what drugs look like, and besides even if i did take drugs, hello? where would my common sense be if i told him, "why, yes, i do take drugs, thank you very much"??

because of that, i won't be able to join the AMC and all my hopes of getting a super high score so that the Australian Trust whatever will invite me to migrate to Australia (hey, i can dream, can't I?) will be shattered... and once again, NO I AM NOT ON DRUGS AND NEVER WILL BE. thank you.

well. that's all for that rant. next part...


The best block ever!
I know you all think (at least you college people) that your block is the best. Well, so do I. Why? Let me count the ways...

First of all, nobody in my block smokes. (at least, i think) in short, they're all pretty decent people, even if they have the tendency to become nerdy (unlike me, who has yet to be converted even after 2 months in college). they are all very nice and friendly... okay, this is so general... here's a specific example, so you guys can understand me better.

last week was one of my blockmates' birthday and he was really planning to do a get together thing in matteo ricci. some of my other blockmates were planning to go to katipunan for lunch since those lucky ducks get a free cut in their english and lit classes which is after lunch. so anyway, they still came to matteo ricci, even if they just popped up without staying long, but the thing is, i think they're pretty nice to have actually made time for one of our blockmates.

so there. i know it's kind of pointless. doesnt prove a thing. but well, it proved something to me. that i have the best block in the world. :D

Coo's busters!
If you have forgotten, Ms Coo is my history teacher who taught us all about that castration thing i posted the other day... she is cool and all that... sabi nya SASSY GIRL daw cya.... hehe, anyway, the thing is she might not be teaching next sem. so sad... you guys (at least those who are in Ateneo or those who are planning to be) wont get to become her student and for once have a fun history class.. well. that's okay, maybe when she comes back after some time, it's not too late! :D

BTW if you're wondering about the title, that's the name of my group, made up by one of my group mates... i have nice groupmates too, even if they're sophomores. I mean, I always thought sophomores were scary. You know, bullying and stuff Well, they aren't. Hahaha.

Celadon: Mid-autumn Gratia (and a bit of other stuff...)
The GA (General assembly. expect this abbreviation to appear a lot) was yesterday, and I (and Isen, too) joined the Food and Drink committee, headed by none other than Kimmy's brother Carl Chua. So I guess, technically he's my cousin, but he doesn't know that. hehe... :D

Anyway, this is actually more about Carl because I find him funny not because he jokes or anything but despite the obvious difference in physical appearance between him and Kim, they are actually quite the same... as in the first thing about him that resembled Kim is how he suddenly said "This sucks" (to himself, though it was rather loud) which is in fact a very Kim-like statement... if you know Kim, you can actually imagine him saying it.

Another factor was how he handled the meeting... it's almost like watching Kim himself. Very business-like with a bit of awkwarness thrown into it.

Now I feel guilty for observing him like a specimen or something.

It's always nice to meet new people.

By the way, Shari, my MTG and AJSS friend from Makati Hope is also in that committee... yay! So when Isen is not around I can at least talk to Shari... haha!

My favorite topic: food!
Atenean food is the best. It's true what Sir Tom says, baka tumaba ako sa kakakain... hay... nababankrupt na nga ako... and besides, my goal in ateneo is to try everything they offer here (food i mean)! (kala mo kung ano goal ko noh?) Eating, for me, is a tortuous art... here's a list of the food I have tried and liked so far...

Caf Down
  1. Hungarian Sausage Sandwich - House of Waffles - P35
  2. Shakes (any flavor, whether banana, mango, melon or avocado, which are the ones i have tried. di pa lahat yan.)- AMPC - P20 (small); P25 (large)
  3. Iced Coffee/Milo - that stall in the corner near the school supplies - (Coffee) P25 (small), P30 (large); (Milo) P20 (small); P25 (large)
  4. Juzijuiz (basta kung ano anong juice) - P15 (large) (walang small) (BTW pag sinabing large, it's about the size of a small gulaman at eat fresh)
  5. Hotdog Sandwich/basically any other sandwich - AMPC - P28 for the hotdog sandwich
  6. Pizza - El Bonitos - P25
  7. Pasta (Pesto and Italian Meat Sauce pa lang nattry ko) - Healthy Kitchen - P50
  8. Turon - AMPC - P12 (with langka bits!)
  9. Maruya - AMPC - P12 ata (basically parang pancake na may banana)
  10. Mint Iced Tea - Healthy Kitchen - P16 (lasang candy, but it's good and really refreshing)
  11. Mothball Tang - that stall in the corner near the school supplies, and also BENTO - P10 (wala na tlgang mothball yan)
THERE ARE SO MUCH MORE!!!! (But I can't remember all)

Word of the Day

Find the Word of the Day in this blog entry!

(brought to you by Dictionary.com)

tortuous \TOR-choo-us\, adjective:

1. Marked by repeated turns and bends; as, "a tortuous road up the mountain."
2. Not straightforward; devious; as, "his tortuous reasoning."
3. Highly involved or intricate; as, "tortuous legal procedures."

Tortuous is from Latin tortuosus, from tortus, "a twisting," from the past participle of torquere, "to twist."

(You might have noticed this word na kanina pa kasi sobrang halata na pinilit lang isingit... haha)

AND THAT IS THE END OF MY EXTREMELY LONG POST. ONE WEEK'S WORTH NA YAN!

ENJOY!~

0 loved back: