Inspiration with a capital I

Friday, March 30, 2007

Kahapon pala, we went to Ateneo. Me, Isen and Danica. Danica's mom drove us there. We confirmed our slots for SY 2007-2008.

I still can't believe in less about 2 months or so, we'll be on our merry way to THE Ateneo. Of course others would be on their way to UP (ang gubat/probinsya. at least, ung diliman. in fairness may iba namang UP na di mukhang gubat.), La Salle (the very spacious campus, note the sarcasm. meron din namang ibang La Salle.), UST (400 years! who can beat that?) and baka ung iba, Chiang Kai (not that there's anything wrong with Chiang Kai! Nope, not at all! Definitely not!), CSB (just remembered Sir Tom's comment.. wahahaha..), Mapua, etc. etc.

So, you know, it's like our lives are going to change so much all of a sudden. In fact, it hasn't even sunk in yet, the fact that I'm no longer a student of St. Stephen's High School. I'm still an alumni yes, and I can visit anytime. But it's so much more different. That warm, comfortable feeling you get, the "at home" feel. It's like, wave goodbye, Charmaine! That's the past now!

I still don't feel it, even as I write this. Nung graduation, akala ko mag-iiyakan kami. But well, parang wala lang. Umuwi si Ja, umuwi si Abi, umuwi si Kathy. Didn't even have a chance to be all weepy.

Hay. That's life, I guess. To be honest, I also was all angsty when I graduated Elem. Because sabi daw, High School is totally different. But it isn't. The only difference is that there are more male teachers in HS than female ones, unlike in Elem where there are only 1 or 2 male teachers. High school and elementary are practically the same, compared to their differences with college. It's a COMPLETELY different environment, COMPLETELY different people, different surroundings, different purposes.

It's all so quick. So fast. Parang split second lang. Keyword: parang. It's not a split second. It's practically a quarter of our entire lifetime.

So, well. Goodbye St. Stephen's. My heart will always belong there.

(That post long enough for you?)

0 loved back: